11.07.2022

Surprise (a dream)

To everyone's surprise I literally jumped at the change to be the bike taxi driver for a friend of mine. While she sat in the back of the homemade tricycle (one wheel in the front, two at the rear), she asked outloud who was willing to take the rider's seat and take her wherever she wanted to go. 

Pushing people aside, I grabbed on to the side railings (?), leaned on my arms for a few seconds, defying gravity, dropped unto the seat and started pedaling. Much to the bemusement of my passenger who cried out: 'Yihaw!'

We rode through busy streets, avoiding market stalls and pedestrians. Until we ended up in a quiet neighbourhood of the foreign city. There was a swimming pool. Actually three basins in one building. All not very crowded. I picked one and started a conversation with an elderly lady. She was smoking and simply tossed her finished butt in the water. Much to my surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment