7.08.2022

Nobody minds (a dream)

Found myself playing catch with my youngest daughter (in reality twenty but in my dream around eight years old) and we were both enjoying ourselves. Until a lady (in her thirties, long, brown hair, uncombed, dressed in a white shirt with a faded orange with green drawing on it she may have been sleeping in) shouted: 'Get out of my house. Now!' Only because we were throwing and catching the ball (a bit like a softball but slightly bigger) while standing in her living room. Which made sense to us because in our own house, further down the street, there was less room.

With my daughter (or my son or a friend. It wasn't clear in the dream), I got invited to enter university and we were invited for an informal introductory day. We were having fun in gym class where a (female. Dark, straight hair, cut above the shoulders. Slightly longer on her left side and a big, pointy but beautifully curved nose) friend was just asked by the teacher to take over the lesson, when two older students entered the gym and asked my child (friend?) and me to follow them for a talk about the study we would enroll in. 

When I had picked up our bags with our regular clothes I could just see the two men disappear in the distance in the extremely long and suddenly bustling hallway. I tried to follow them but couldn't reach them through the crowd. Saw a passageway I hoped would bring me closer or even cut them off. But I was wrong. The stairs I climbed brought me to a highter level and after walking for a while I found out it was a dead end. The lane/hall/street - one of hundreds of different walkways. All completely different in design - simply ended and I had no choice but to backtrace my steps and follow a different route.

Luckily the taller of the two older students was apparantly send to find me and he did. Togethe we joined his fellow student. He was sitting at a sort of picknick table in a courtyard with red brick buildings on either side and lots of hanging plants, almost blocking all sunlight. It felt like an oasis and I was offered a cigarette: a long and slim one which I tried to hide under the table but the student gestured 'It's okay to smoke here. People simply do and nobody minds.'

No comments:

Post a Comment