8.01.2022

Musings (a dream)

In a post-apocalyptic world, I was one of the chosen to drive trucks with supplies through a rough and radiation invested area to an area where the remains of human civilisation tried to survive. At every stop along the way, me and my co-drivers were assisted by local volunteers to jump into big iron tubs filled with a liquid to decontaminate us. From the footboards of our trucks we would simply drop backwards into the cold liquid. As was adviced and instructed 'because you don't want to see what you jump into'.

While - fully clothed in my protective gear minus hood and helmet - submerged I wondered if our efforts were worth it. Wouldn't we make the same mistakes all over again? Could I hold my breath for at least two minutes? Would she be waiting for me at the final stop? Would it really be the final stop or would we have to move on? But where to?

My (real life) alarm woke me up from my musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment